We’re Ganymede Games, an independent, fully-remote game studio, and we’re looking for a full-time gameplay engineer to join our team. We’re all passionate gamers with a unique mix of industry veterans (ex-Riot Games) and rookies. We’re fun, serious about success and driven to create awesome experiences for players.
About our work culture: We’re an inclusive team that values diversity. We don’t value fancy titles. If you’re looking to be the senior lead mother superior architect and technical director, we’re probably not the studio for you. We value your passion over your experience. We value humility, because players don’t care what you did in the past, they want to be entertained and are quick to let you know where you failed. What players want, what would delight, surprise and exceed their expectations inform all our decisions.
As a Unity Developer, you’ll design, implement, and maintain gameplay systems for Xenotheria (a story-driven deckbuilding RPG), with a focus on working closely with our UX/UI designer to implement and iterate on UI. You will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and evolving user interface code systems for features such as combat systems, deckbuilding, card crafting, quest systems, and much more.
We’re a lean, indie team of eleven and looking for someone who can solve problems, take ownership, and drive work to completion.
This position is full-time and you can work remotely from anywhere in the world (our current team has members across the USA, Australia, Argentina, Scotland, Greece, Turkey and Georgia). We do have a slight preference for candidates based in Europe.
What’s the mission?
- Write scalable, flexible, and performant code to ensure the best player and developer experience
- Collaborate with art and design to create and iterate on UI features
- Together with team, senior engineer, set realistic goals and timelines for feature and system implementation
- Follow engineering best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing UI systems
- Working together with the rest of the team to make Xenotheria the best RPG possible!
- Experience working with Unity’s UI toolkit and the Unity UI package
- Strong C# skills and the ability to code UI and tools around UI
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Can write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation
- Generalist able to learn and contribute to multiple systems
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, ready to take ownership and solve problems
- An active gamer with a love of role-playing games and card games
Nice to haves:
- Shipped one video game from concept to completion
- Knowledge of current deckbuilder & RPG genre trend (board games, tabletop and video games)
- Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (online only) to email@example.com – please be sure to include context about your experience implementing and iterating on UI systems within Unity
- We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on our company and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!
- If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we will contact you to continue the process.
About Ganymede Games
We are Ganymede Games, an independent games studio in Las Cruces, NM. We create worlds that inspire exploration, adventures that spark curiosity, and unique gameplay that respects your time and busy lives. We promise to craft experiences you will want to share with others both in-game and out of game.
Ganymede Games was formed by industry veterans. Our team is composed of seasoned gamers, adventure seekers, nature enthusiasts and animal lovers whose passion for exploring new worlds infuses everything we do. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Having worked together around the globe from Los Angeles to Cyprus at companies like Riot Games and Wargaming, co-founders Jerry Prochazka and Rob Thompson are joined by developers who left the high costs and noise of the high-tech cities for an affordable, high quality of life with plenty of local biomes to explore.
Learn More About Ganymede Games’ Promise and Values.
Xenotheria is an upcoming card-based RPG for PC/Console platforms. For more information, visit their Steam page.