We’re Ganymede Games, an independent, fully-remote game studio, and we’re looking for a full-time game designer to join our team. We’re all passionate gamers with a unique mix of industry veterans (ex-Riot Games) and rookies. We’re fun, serious about success and driven to create awesome experiences for players.
About our work culture: We’re an inclusive team that values diversity. We don’t value fancy titles. If you’re looking to be the senior lead mother superior designer and creative director, we’re probably not the studio for you. We value your passion over your experience. We value humility, because players don’t care what you did in the past, they want to be entertained and are quick to let you know where you failed. What players want, what would delight, surprise and exceed their expectations inform all our decisions.
As a Game Designer, you’ll design systems, features, and content that will bring the Xenotheria (a story-driven deckbuilding RPG) world to life. You’ll design and implement a wide range of game content and systems, ranging from card abilities, to enemy AI, character progression, and level design/story pacing. You’ll rapidly prototype, implement levels with Unity, and even write some dialog. We’re a lean, indie team of nine and looking for someone who wants to run fast.
This position is full-time and you can work remotely from anywhere in the world (our current team has members across the USA, Australia, Greece, Turkey and Russia).
What’s the mission?
- Conceptualize, design, and implement game content and systems
- Design engaging combat encounters and challenging puzzles
- Design levels / world build from story beats to block out
- Contribute to a multitude of design tasks across narrative, level and combat design
- Author and maintain design documentation
- Improve gameplay experience through feedback, iteration, and playtesting
- Working together with the rest of the team to make Xenotheria the best RPG possible!
- Content and systems design experience. Ideally, someone who has implemented from concept to delivery
- High energy, positive attitude, high player empathy
- A passion to get it right. Receive and provide feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset ready to work fast
- An active gamer with a love of role-playing games and card games
- Proficient experience working with Unity
- Strong sense of humor with a love of words and language.
Nice to haves:
- Shipped one video game from concept to completion
- Knowledge of current deckbuilder & RPG genre trend (board games, tabletop RPG and video games)
- Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (online only) to email@example.com
- We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on our company and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies, science documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about your passions!
- Explain in your cover letter why you think it’s important to have or not have the midas touch. Be creative!
- If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we will contact you to continue the process.