We’re Ganymede Games, an independent game studio in Las Cruces, NM, and we’re looking for a VFX artist to join our team. We’re all passionate gamers with a unique mix of industry veterans and rookies. We’re fun, serious about success and driven to create awesome experiences for players.
As a VFX artist, you’ll create character, environment, and UI visual effects for Xenotheria, an upcoming sci-fi RPG for PC/Console platforms. We’ve been prototyping the game for several months now, so you’ll be joining a project that has a strong, clear vision.
This is a contract position and you can work remotely from anywhere in the world. It will remain remote for the foreseeable future (not planning to change post-pandemic).
What’s the mission
- Establish and maintain the overall VFX style
- Design special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay
- Balance visual satisfaction, gameplay clarity, and performance constraints
- Setup, implement, and troubleshoot the art assets into game with P4 and Unity
- Working together with the rest of the game team to make Xenotheria the best RPG possible!
- Proven experience working with the Adobe suite and Unity Visual Effect Graph system
- Experienced colorist and well-versed in the use of motion, lighting, and color in the communication of VFX
- Strong VFX fundamentals (timing, shape language, etc)
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset ready to wear a lot of different hats as needed
- Art portfolio that demonstrates both your creativity and craft as an artist
- You love RPGs
Nice to haves:
- Experience with another area of game art, (i.e. animation)
- Shipped one video game from concept to completion
- A love of the sci-fi genre
- Send your resume, cover letter, and VFX reel (online only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on our studio and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!
- If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we will contact you to continue the process, which will include an art test.