We’re Ganymede Games, an independent game studio in Las Cruces, NM, and we’re looking for a UI artist to join our team. We’re all passionate gamers with a unique mix of industry veterans and rookies. We’re fun, serious about success and driven to create awesome experiences for players.
As a UI Artist, you’ll create user interfaces for Xenotheria, an upcoming sci-fi RPG for PC/Console platforms. We’ve been prototyping the game for several months now, so you’ll be joining a project that has a strong, clear vision.
This is a contract position and you can work remotely from anywhere in the world. It will remain remote for the foreseeable future (not planning to change post-pandemic).
What’s the mission
- Establish and maintain the overall UI visual style
- Synthesize complex design systems into digestible interfaces for the audience
- Setup, implement and troubleshoot the art assets into game with P4 and Unity
- Working together with the rest of the game team to make Xenotheria the best RPG possible!
- A good grasp on wireframing programs (i.e. Figma)
- Experience building games with the Unity Editor, especially using the Canvas systems
- A nuanced understanding of interaction design, composition, and typography
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset ready to wear a lot of different hats as needed
- Art portfolio that demonstrates both your creativity and craft as an artist
- You love RPGs
Nice to haves:
- Experience with another area of game art, (i.e. concept art)
- Knowledge of making UI that’s scalable for different aspect ratios, platforms, and multiple resolutions
- Shipped one video game from concept to completion
- A love of the sci-fi genre
- Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (online only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on our studio and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!
- If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we will contact you to continue the process, which will include an art test.