We’re Ganymede Games, an independent game studio in Las Cruces, NM, and we’re looking for a 2D animator to join our team. We’re all passionate gamers with a unique mix of industry veterans and rookies. We’re fun, serious about success and driven to create awesome experiences for players.
As 2D animator, you’ll animate characters and environments for Xenotheria, an upcoming sci-fi RPG for PC/Console platforms. We’ve been prototyping the game for several months now, so you’ll be joining a project that has a strong, clear vision.
This position is full-time and you can work remote. It will remain remote for the foreseeable future (not planning to change post-pandemic).
We’re prioritizing candidates based in the Americas time zones. We also want to be upfront about the process. To ensure you’re fitting in well, this role will start as a contract position for the first 90 days and then convert to full-time if we both think it’s an awesome fit.
What’s the mission?
- Create 2D character animations using Spine and Unity
- Establish and maintain the overall animation style
- Create production-quality 2D animation assets
- Integrate the art assets into game with P4 and Unity
- Working together with the rest of the game team to make Xenotheria the best RPG possible!
- Proven experience working with Spine2D and Unity. You should know how to rig a skeleton, create bones, create meshes, balance, animate and export
- Strong animation fundamentals (timing, motion arcs, impact, etc)
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset ready to wear a lot of different hats as needed
- Art portfolio that demonstrates both your creativity and craft as an artist
- You love RPGs
Nice to haves:
- Experience with another area of game art, (i.e. VFX)
- Knowledge of other animation software like, Maya, Adobe Animate or After Effects
- Shipped one video game from concept to completion
- A love of the sci-fi genre
- Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (online only) to email@example.com
- We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!
- If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we will contact you to continue the process, which will include an art test.