At Ganymede Games, we’re looking for explorers to join us on this exciting adventure. We believe that people are our only sustainable competitive advantage and we’re committed to creating an environment that brings out the best in creative teams.
Our team is comprised of storytellers, animal-lovers, outdoor adventurers, board gamers and fitness enthusiasts. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning, and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Taking our combined experiences from studios such as Riot Games, Activision, id Software and Wargaming, we’re building an inclusive work environment and culture that inspires curiosity, enables collaboration, and rewards results.
As a Senior Level Designer, you will be in charge of building an exceptional world with an engaging narrative pace, awe-inspiring environments and plenty of wow moments.
What’s the mission?
- Define a compelling worldbuilding vision that supports the game’s art, narrative pacing and gameplay objectives
- Realize the level design vision in Unreal Engine 4, from prototyping layouts and blockouts, all the way through release
- Script encounters, events and wow moments
What are the essentials?
- 5+ years in a senior, principal or lead level design position with at least one shipped AAA title
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprint
- Demonstrable ability to weave narrative and artistic themes with gameplay mechanics to build highly engaging levels
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset
- A portfolio that knocks our socks off
- Bonus points for C++ knowhow
Why join Ganymede Games?
- In this era of AAA games being a stream of soulless, exploitative knockoffs, we’re building a new IP that you’ll have the opportunity to shape from the start
- Joining the team early means you will have immense impact and be rewarded for your contributions
- Our team has decades of experience in all aspects of game publishing and production, and we like taking creative risks
- We believe people are our only competitive advantage and are building a studio that supports that fact
- We think diverse teams produce the best results
- Trade in the high cost of living, depressing weather, and long commutes for an affordable cost of living, 300 days of sunny weather, and plenty of outdoor activities here in the land of enchantment
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: [Your Name – Senior Level Designer Application].
We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!