At Ganymede Games, we’re looking for explorers to join us on this exciting adventure. We believe that people are our only sustainable competitive advantage and we’re committed to creating an environment that brings out the best in creative teams.
Our team is comprised of storytellers, animal-lovers, outdoor adventurers, board gamers and fitness enthusiasts. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning, and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Taking our combined experiences from studios such as Riot Games, Activision, id Software and Wargaming, we’re building an inclusive work environment and culture that inspires curiosity, enables collaboration, and rewards results.
As a Technical Artist joining our team you will ensure that our developers have the right tools to make amazing game content. You’ll collaborate closely with both engineering and art to develop more efficient workflows and push the visual quality to the highest level possible!
What’s the mission?
- Work with the engineering team to develop features for both the game engine, and for tools and asset pipelines
- Work within all the art departments (environment, characters, VFX, animation, etc.) to ensure all dependencies are met
- Support the content team in debugging issues with the game, tools, etc. including driving framerate and memory optimization of the game
- Support the team develop workflows and standards for efficient content generation
What are the essentials?
- Proven track record of collaborating with other engineers, designers, artists, etc
- Passionate gamer with the Steam library and player stories to prove it
- High-level familiarity with every aspect of game development, and how different disciplines collaborate
- Experience building pipelines and tools for artists, including implementing work yourself inside the game engine
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4 and Maya
Why join Ganymede Games?
- Timing – this is an opportunity to join a new game team early and shape the product vision and direction
- Location, Location, Location – we’re based in the land of enchantment with an affordable cost of living, beautiful climate, and an abundance of outdoor activities
- Leadership – co-founders Jerry Prochazka and Lynn Stetson have both held operational leadership roles at AAA studios including Riot Games and Wargaming
- Rewards – profit sharing participation, competitive salary, and benefits
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [Your Name – Technical Artist Application].
We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!