At Ganymede Games, we’re looking for explorers to join us on this exciting adventure. We believe that people are our only sustainable competitive advantage and we’re committed to creating an environment that brings out the best in creative teams.
Our team is comprised of storytellers, animal-lovers, outdoor adventurers, board gamers and fitness enthusiasts. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning, and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Taking our combined experiences from studios such as Riot Games, Activision, id Software and Wargaming, we’re building an inclusive work environment and culture that inspires curiosity, enables collaboration, and rewards results.
As a Environment Artist joining our team you will create a sense of place, mood, and location in which to tell stories. You thrive in creative conversations – bringing unique references to the table and pushing the boundaries on how a world can help a player create meaning in a game.
What’s the mission?
- Sketches of 2D and 3D compositions for a variety of fantastic environments, including a mixture of organic and hard surfaces
- Author high-quality stylized materials through Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Collaborate with artists to develop and iterate the art style and guidelines for the product
- Contribute to design of lighting, mood, and atmosphere
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the studio content pipelines
What are the essentials?
- Demonstrate UV efficiency, smart topology, high-quality bakes, and familiarity with Unity or Unreal
- Expert in Maya or Modo, zBrush, Substance tools, and Photoshop
- Strong portfolio demonstrating organic high-res sculpts with baked materials in-engine, strong composition and set decoration, impeccable color and value sensibilities, and demonstrable realization of mood and place
- Proven track record of collaborating with other engineers, designers, artists, etc
- Passionate gamer with the Steam library and player stories to prove it
Why join Ganymede Games?
- Timing – this is an opportunity to join a new game team early and shape the product vision and direction
- Location, Location, Location – we’re based in the land of enchantment with an affordable cost of living, beautiful climate, and an abundance of outdoor activities
- Leadership – co-founders Jerry Prochazka and Lynn Stetson have both held operational leadership roles at AAA studios including Riot Games and Wargaming
- Rewards – profit sharing participation, competitive salary, and benefits
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: [Your Name – Environment Artist Application].
We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!