At Ganymede Games, we’re looking for explorers to join us on this exciting adventure. We believe that people are our only sustainable competitive advantage and we’re committed to creating an environment that brings out the best in creative teams.
Our team is comprised of storytellers, animal-lovers, outdoor adventurers, board gamers and fitness enthusiasts. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning, and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Taking our combined experiences from studios such as Riot Games, Activision, id Software and Wargaming, we’re building an inclusive work environment and culture that inspires curiosity, enables collaboration, and rewards results.
As a Concept Artist joining our team you will visualize environments, characters, creatures and more to define the overall mood and feel for the game. You’ll also roll up your sleeves and contribute to the end-to-end art pipeline including modeling and developing final illustrations.
What’s the mission?
- Create high quality concept art that communicates the style, mood, and tone of the world
- Implement artwork into the game client using Unreal Engine and Perforce
- Collaborate with artists on the team to develop and iterate the art style and guidelines for the product
- Assist with paintovers of model in progress images to help direct and guide modellers towards more effective product
What are the essentials?
- 3+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film, or animation
- Proven track record of collaborating with other engineers, designers, artists, etc
- Excellent understanding of color theory, value structure, and lighting fundamentals with an application to both character and environment concept art
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state
- Passionate gamer with the Steam library and player stories to prove it
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
Why join Ganymede Games?
- Timing – this is an opportunity to join a new game team early and shape the product vision and direction
- Location, Location, Location – we’re based in the land of enchantment with an affordable cost of living, beautiful climate, and an abundance of outdoor activities
- Leadership – co-founders Jerry Prochazka and Lynn Stetson have both held operational leadership roles at AAA studios including Riot Games and Wargaming
- Rewards – profit sharing participation, competitive salary, and benefits
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: [Your Name – Concept Artist Application].
We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!