At Ganymede Games, we’re looking for explorers to join us on this exciting adventure. We believe that people are our only sustainable competitive advantage and we’re committed to creating an environment that brings out the best in creative teams.
Our team is comprised of storytellers, animal-lovers, outdoor adventurers, board gamers and fitness enthusiasts. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning, and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Taking our combined experiences from studios such as Riot Games, Activision, id Software and Wargaming, we’re building an inclusive work environment and culture that inspires curiosity, enables collaboration, and rewards results.
As a Technical Director, you will architect our engineering solutions, define our programming culture and lead our engineering team to success.
What’s the mission?
- Provide a technical vision and direction for all gameplay, tools and platform needs
- Define coding guidelines, review code with engineers and establish a culture of quality and continuous learning
- Provide day-to-day leadership for a team of engineers, including career guidance, mentorship and overall culture development
- Work with the producer to create backlogs, guide the team’s estimation efforts, as well as establish and continuously improve development practices
- Contribute with own code contributions as needed
What are the essentials?
- 5+ years in a leadership position with at least one shipped AAA title
- Expert knowledge of C++ and Blueprint
- Excellent data structure and algorithm knowledge
- Experience with profiling and optimization
- Experience with rendering technologies
- Experience with multithreaded and real-time systems
- Experience in the design and architecture of game systems
- Working knowledge of continuous integration platforms (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset
- Bonus points for current-gen console experience
Why join Ganymede Games?
- In this era of AAA games being a stream of soulless, exploitative knockoffs, we’re building a new IP that you’ll have the opportunity to shape from the start
- Joining the team early means you will have immense impact and be rewarded for your contributions
- Our team has decades of experience in all aspects of game publishing and production, and we like taking creative risks
- We believe people are our only competitive advantage and are building a studio that supports that fact
- We think diverse teams produce the best results
- Trade in the high cost of living, depressing weather, and long commutes for an affordable cost of living, 300 days of sunny weather, and plenty of outdoor activities here in the land of enchantment
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [Your Name – Technical Director Application].
We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!