At Ganymede Games, we’re looking for explorers to join us on this exciting adventure. We believe that people are our only sustainable competitive advantage and we’re committed to creating an environment that brings out the best in creative teams.
Our team is comprised of storytellers, animal-lovers, outdoor adventurers, board gamers and fitness enthusiasts. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning, and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Taking our combined experiences from studios such as Riot Games, Activision, id Software and Wargaming, we’re building an inclusive work environment and culture that inspires curiosity, enables collaboration, and rewards results.
As a Senior Game Systems Designer, you will design, champion and implement the game systems integral to the core gameplay and meta loops.
What’s the mission?
- Work with team to set direction for a variety of systems that motivate players to explore an exciting new world and engage with multiple challenges in creative and varied ways
- Design, communicate and champion the core gameplay and game meta loops
- Implement devised systems in Unreal Engine 4
- Develop, test and validate or refute hypotheses about system behavior and emergent system behavior
- Work closely with level design, art and engineering to ensure a compelling player experience
What are the essentials?
- 5+ years in a systems designer position with at least one shipped AAA title
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and UnrealScript
- Strong math and algebra skills
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset
- Bonus points for C++ knowhow
Why join Ganymede Games?
- In this era of AAA games being a stream of soulless, exploitative knockoffs, we’re building a new IP that you’ll have the opportunity to shape from the start
- Joining the team early means you will have immense impact and be rewarded for your contributions
- Our team has decades of experience in all aspects of game publishing and production, and we like taking creative risks
- We believe people are our only competitive advantage and are building a studio that supports that fact
- We think diverse teams produce the best results
- Trade in the high cost of living, depressing weather, and long commutes for an affordable cost of living, 300 days of sunny weather, and plenty of outdoor activities here in the land of enchantment
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [Your Name – Senior Game Systems Designer Application].
We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!