At Ganymede Games, we’re looking for explorers to join us on this exciting adventure. We believe that people are our only sustainable competitive advantage and we’re committed to creating an environment that brings out the best in creative teams.
Our team is comprised of storytellers, animal-lovers, outdoor adventurers, board gamers and fitness enthusiasts. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning, and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Taking our combined experiences from studios such as Riot Games, Activision, id Software and Wargaming, we’re building an inclusive work environment and culture that inspires curiosity, enables collaboration, and rewards results.
As a Gameplay Animator joining our team you will create realistic gameplay animations and cinematic player moments. You are a strong problem solver, effective communicator, and passionate about creating great games!
What’s the mission?
- Create prototype animations and gameplay benchmarks with good sense of physics and realistic movement
- Develop, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide
- Collaborate with level team to develop animations for all aspects of level needs including gameplay, cinematic vignettes, and environmental animation
What are the essentials?
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development animating characters and creatures
- Passionate gamer with the Steam library and player stories to prove it
- Strong demo reel reflecting high-quality animations for humans and creatures
- Strong understanding and knowledge of character rigs, game animation pipelines, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools
- Highly proficient with Maya with a proven ability to successfully create, edit and implement animations
Why join Ganymede Games?
- Timing – this is an opportunity to join a new game team early and shape the product vision and direction
- Location, Location, Location – we’re based in the land of enchantment with an affordable cost of living, beautiful climate, and an abundance of outdoor activities
- Leadership – co-founders Jerry Prochazka and Lynn Stetson have both held operational leadership roles at AAA studios including Riot Games and Wargaming
- Rewards – profit sharing participation, competitive salary, and benefits
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: [Your Name – Gameplay Animator Application].
We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!