At Ganymede Games, we’re looking for explorers to join us on this exciting adventure. We believe that people are our only sustainable competitive advantage and we’re committed to creating an environment that brings out the best in creative teams.
Our team is comprised of storytellers, animal-lovers, outdoor adventurers, board gamers and fitness enthusiasts. We value humility, passion, curiosity, learning, and healthy doses of creative risk-taking and personal adventure.
Taking our combined experiences from studios such as Riot Games, Activision, id Software and Wargaming, we’re building an inclusive work environment and culture that inspires curiosity, enables collaboration, and rewards results.
As a Game Systems Designer joining our team you will actively participate in design decisions for our first product. Bringing your analytical and problem-solving skills to the table you will help us brainstorm, design, prototype, iterate, and polish gameplay features and content.
What’s the mission?
- Clearly articulate, in writing or verbally, the design intent and vision of various features and content
- Research, dissect, and analyze other game features and systems to identify where there is an opportunity to delight players
- Effectively and efficiently prototype and implement new designs to test hypotheses
What are the essentials?
- Passion for game design that includes the total player experience
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback to all disciplines of development (design, art, production, engineering) and adjust the approach depending on the context and audience
- Strong sense of what makes a fun, friendly, social, and compelling experience
- Ideally 2-3 years’ game design or game system experience with preferably one game shipped
- Production experience within Unreal Engine 4
Why join Ganymede Games?
- Timing – this is an opportunity to join a new game team early and shape the product vision and direction
- Location, Location, Location – we’re based in the land of enchantment with an affordable cost of living, beautiful climate, and an abundance of outdoor activities
- Leadership – co-founders Jerry Prochazka and Lynn Stetson have both held operational leadership roles at AAA studios including Riot Games and Wargaming
- Rewards – profit sharing participation, competitive salary, and benefits
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [Your Name – Game Systems Designer Application].
We’ll take notice of a well-written cover letter that shows you did your homework on Ganymede and explains why you’re interested in joining our team. We’d love to hear about your favorite games, sci-fi movies/documentaries, and personal hobbies, so tell us about what gets you most passionate!